I love discovering new things around town, and also enjoy finding things that are different from back home. Here are a few of the things I’m lovin’ lately.
1. Alegria is an amazing natural health and beauty store right in the center of Tamarindo. They specialize in handmade soaps with ingredients like coffee, lavender, poppy seed and coco butter. The coffee one is my favorite! They also have essential oils and a natural aloe vera bug repellant that keeps the mosquitos away without all the harmful chemicals. The owners are incredibly nice and knowledgeable about all their products and the benefits of ingredients. Fun fact – the owners are the only people to have been married out on the mini island off of Tamarindo beach (right past all the boats).
2. Chiliguaros are the signature shot of Costa Rica. If you haven’t had one yet, you certainly will on your trip. Guaro is a liquor made in Costa Rica. It is similar to rum but tastes more like vodka. The chiliguaro is this amazing shot similar to a Bloody Mary or a Cesar for you Canadians but SPICY! If brunch had a shot, this would be it.
3. Sprout is somewhat new to Tamarindo in that it moved to a new location a few months ago and is now super convenient. The food is to die for. I went three times in one week after I discovered how good it was. Don’t let the name fool you – it’s not all about kale and quinoa (though they have both), they serve some sinful foods as well like ribs, wings and street tacos.
4. Massages on the beach here are amazing. La Palapa has a beach side cabana that provides the ultimate relaxation experience. And with their reasonable prices, it doesn’t just have to be a treat.
5. Erin Sampson is hands down the best yoga teacher in town and now she will be teaching at Revive Wellness Studio. Erin offers uplifting vinyasa flow classes that leave you feeling balanced, focused and inspired. I love her awareness of the class and her attention to assists to help you move deeper into a pose.
Stay tuned for next month’s edition of What I’m Lovin’ Lately for more great local finds, and be sure to let me know what you are loving’ lately!